Position is at FlightAware Asia Pacific - Singapore
FlightAware is looking for a developer advocate to drive deployment, adoption, and customer satisfaction of FlightAware’s rapidly growing commercial APIs and data services. You'll both interact with our customers and developer community and work as a developer to enhance and expand our commercial APIs and data services.
At FlightAware, we process over 40 million incoming messages an hour from over 45 individual data feeds—over 150 gigabytes a day and growing—to provide the best, most complete, and most accurate real-time flight-tracking service in the industry.
- Create robust and scalable production services that provide data for our end-user facing products.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software products.
- Provide real-time, day-to-day technical support for existing customers and integrators.
- Work with our aviation sales team to answer technical integration questions from potential customers and remove roadblocks.
- Lead in-depth technology discussions, articulating the value of FlightAware’s products.
- Participate in the online and offline developer community.
- Write technical communications and work effectively with our partners and customers to help make their solutions successful.
- Develop a general knowledge of our competitor’s product offerings.
This position may require 5% travel.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or software engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications, analytical and presentation skills.
- Able to think on your feet and adapt well to a quickly changing environment, and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Strong business background and/or experience with consulting firms is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of the aviation industry is a plus.
Professionally, you’re driven to execute, deliver, and complete projects independently, seeking advice and direction from team members when needed, and plowing ahead to completion when the path forward is clear.
Being a pilot, or an individual looking to pursue his or her private pilot license, is a big plus.
Salary varies based on experience
- CPF Contributions
- Health and dental insurance
- Performance-based bonuses
FlightAware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must have current work authorization for any employer in the US and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Our open positions are closed to agency/third-party submissions.
To apply and provide a small demonstration of your technical prowess, send your application to:
by setting the content of the
data variable to valid JSON with the following properties:
name: String with your name (required)
email: String with your email address (required)
urls: Array of strings with links to your resume, site, or sample projects (required)
comment: String with any comment/request you might have (optional)
You will receive a 200 response on success.